Museums are an important part of society. They are a place for people to learn about the past and get inspired by art. Museums preserve and educate people about cultural artifacts and the art that was created. They do not discriminate between those that have access to their collections and those that don’t such as museums in public, privately owned institutions. Museums promote culture, education, knowledge of the past, equality, and democracy. They are places where visitors can see all cultures from around the world are represented.
10 Amazing Facts about Visual Art
Art is an amazing way to express one’s creativity. It has been around for centuries and it will continue to be a part of our lives. The following 10 facts about visual art may not be well-known, but they are worth reading about!
1) There are more than 2 million pieces of art in the world.
2) One of the most expensive paintings on the planet is “The Scream” by Edvard Munch, which was sold for $120 million in 2012.
3) Leonardo da Vinci was an artist and inventor, who created many inventions that are still used today such as a helicopter and a tank.
4) The largest painting in the world is “American Gothic” by Grant Wood and it measures 20 feet tall by 28 feet wide (6 x 8 meters).
5) Vincent van Gogh only sold one painting during his lifetime, which he made with his brother Theo to their friend Paul Gauguin.
6 ) The art of prehistoric humans is thought to be 15,000 years old.
7) Picasso is considered one of the greatest artists in history, who painted more than 2,000 pieces during his lifetime.
8) Pablo Picasso’s painting “Guernica” was created after he saw a newsreel about the bombing of civilians in Spain.
9) The oldest known drawing dates back about 40,000 years ago and it is a simple line drawing of an archer shooting a short-range arrow.
10) “Guernica” is the name for a town in Spain, which means “beautiful valley.”
Read also: Three Famous Aquarian Visual Artists : Was Their Destiny Written in the Stars?
Do you have a fun fact about art that you want to share? Fun facts, quizzes, and trivia questions are interesting. They jog the brain and are a great mental exercise. Even trivia questions about your favorite artist like the Black Pink (try blackpink knowledge quiz ) can be a good brain exercise. Get started with fun facts about your surroundings and share them to the world.